SECTION K (pages 68 to 74 of the Hockey Winnipeg Rules and Regulations)
HOSTING A TOURNAMENT
1. Area Associations or any of their Community Centres wishing to host a city, provincial, inter-provincial or international tournament shall:
(a) file a “Hockey Tournament Application” with the Hockey Winnipeg office;
(b) post a bond, the amount shall be the sum of $50.00 for each division being applied for, and the cheque shall be payable to Hockey Winnipeg; and
(c) include a copy of the tournament draw or draws indicating the dates, game times and location of the tournament.
(d) for House League Tournaments, a non-refundable bond of $15.00 shall be posted.
2. Applications to host a city tournament, a provincial tournament or an interprovincial tournament involving less than 4 Branches shall be submitted to the Hockey Winnipeg office for Tournament Director approval not less than 30 days before the tournament start date. Late applications subject to a $100.00 late fee.
3. Applications to host all tournaments, including a house league tournament, will bear the approval of the Area Association President or Vice President prior to submission and consideration by Hockey Winnipeg.
4. Pre-Season Tournaments
(a) Pre-season tournaments must submit Team Registration Forms with the tournament application, not less than seven (7) days in advance of such tournaments, or the tournament will not be sanctioned.
(b) Pre-season tournaments shall be required to post an additional bond of $500.00 that will be refunded if all the rules are followed.
(c) Pre-season tournaments shall be required to submit the tournament draw one week before the tournament is to begin.
Hockey Manitoba Regulations
5. Applicants hosting a provincial, inter-provincial or international tournament shall also abide by the Hosting Exhibition Games or Tournaments Regulations in the Hockey Manitoba Constitution, Regulations and Rules of Competition.
6. In addition to any other tournament sanction fees prescribed within this section, tournament applicants shall be assessed:
(a) a surcharge of $1.00 for each game played in the tournament; and
(b) an additional $1.00 for each game which exceeds 50 in a division in order to cover the Hockey Winnipeg administrative costs.
7. When all the “Hockey Winnipeg Official Game Reports” from the tournament, along with a copy of the draw and the completed “Tournament Suspension Form” are turned into the Hockey Winnipeg office, and all requirements of this section and the Regulations for Hosting Tournaments have been complied with, the tournament bond, less the surcharge fees, shall be returned to the applicant.
8. Failure to adhere to the Hockey Winnipeg By-Laws, Rules and Regulations including the Regulations for Hosting Tournaments shall result in forfeiture of the bond and the tournament will be subject to future sanctioning.
9. Tournaments posting a bond for an age division or a tournament which is cancelled must submit a letter stating the cancellation and requesting a refund of the bond posted. An administrative fee of $15.00 will be charged for such refunds.
10. No sanctioned tournament shall accept an entry from a team which is not a member of a Hockey Canada Branch or Hockey USA.
Playing Rules and Officials
11. All tournaments approved by Hockey Winnipeg, excluding international tournaments, shall:
(a) employ Hockey Winnipeg playing rules; and
(b) use officials who are certified in the current year, registered with Hockey Winnipeg and approved by the Hockey Winnipeg Referee-In-Chief or Area Association Referee-In-Chief in whose area the tournament is being hosted, in accordance with Special Rules SR-10 Game Officials and SR-11 House League Game Officials.
REGULATIONS FOR HOSTING TOURNAMENTS
1. The following regulations are for hosting a tournament sanctioned by Hockey
2. A member Area Association, Community Centre or organization with Hockey Winnipeg planning to host a tournament in the current season shall submit a “Hockey Tournament Application” as outlined in Section K, clauses 1. to 4., and follow the regulations as set forth in Section K, clauses 5. to 11.
3. When the tournament application is approved by Hockey Winnipeg Tournament Director, a signed copy shall be returned to the applicant, and a photocopy shall be posted in the arena or arenas in which the tournament shall be held.
4. Three weeks before the tournament commences, the tournament applicant shall submit the following to the Hockey Winnipeg office:
(a) A copy of the tournament draw or draws indicating game times and location of the tournament;
(b) The names of all Hockey Winnipeg teams participating in the tournament, including the names of the team officials of each team; and
(c) Any additional special rules employed by the tournament for approval by the Hockey Winnipeg Tournament Director.
(d) Tournaments requiring copies of approved Team Registration Forms for their tournaments shall submit a list to the Hockey Winnipeg office three weeks in advance of the start date of the tournament.
(e) Two tournament passes or admission tickets for the Hockey Winnipeg Tournament Director.
5. The tournament shall be played under the Hockey Winnipeg Rules and Regulations. If any additional special rules are employed by the tournament, all the teams participating in the tournament shall be made aware of these rules and any such rules shall also be posted in the referee’s room.
6. The “Hockey Winnipeg Official Game Report” shall be used. Tournament officials shall ensure that all “Hockey Winnipeg Official Game Reports” are properly completed and legibly printed.
7. The tournament organizers shall appoint a Convenor who shall be present at the arena during all the games. The Convenor shall wear visible identification and ensure that the games are carried out in an acceptable and reasonable manner.
8. The tournament organizers shall appoint a Discipline Chairperson and a Rules Chairperson who shall work in close harmony.
9. It is recommended that a trained medical person such as the St. John’s Ambulance be at the arena in case of an injury. 10. If a team has a scheduled league game, it must play that game as scheduled.
11. Within 10 days after the completion of the tournament, all “Hockey Winnipeg Official Game Reports,” a copy of the tournament draw and the “Tournament Suspension Form” shall be turned into the Hockey Winnipeg office.
12. When the Hockey Winnipeg Tournament Director has checked and found all the returned tournament information to be satisfactory, the applicable refund shall be issued as prescribed in Section K, clause 7.
13. When Hockey Winnipeg is satisfied that all rules have been adhered to and no abuse of officials by tournament organizers has occurred an applicable refund of the posted bond in conjunction with Section K clause 7. will be made.
14. Failure to adhere to these regulations may result in forfeiture of a sanction and cancellation of the tournament.
15. Tournament organizers shall contact the Hockey Winnipeg Referee-In-Chief who shall supply them with a list of officials who are qualified to officiate the divisions and categories assigned by the Hockey Winnipeg Assignment Director as outlined in SR-10, clause 1.
16. Tournament organizers shall contact their Area Association Referee-In-Chief who shall supply them with a list of game officials who are qualified to officiate the divisions and categories that are assigned by the Area Associations as outlined in SR-10, clause 2.
17. On-Ice Officials shall be certified in the current year and registered with Hockey Winnipeg. The age requirements shall be as set forth in the Regulations for Game Officials.
18. Timekeepers shall be certified in the current year and registered with Hockey Winnipeg. The age requirements are as set forth in the Regulations for Game Officials.
19. On-Ice Officials shall submit written reports on all Match Penalties, Gross Misconduct, Game Misconduct and Checking From Behind penalties follows:
(a) If the penalties are assessed to a player on a direct entry team, the On-Ice Official shall notify the Hockey Winnipeg Division Director/Suspension Director of the direct entry team; or (b) If the penalties are assessed to a player on a team that is administered by an Area Association, the On-Ice Official shall notify the President of the team’s Area Association.
20. The Discipline Chairperson shall enforce all the Rules for Suspensions in accordance with Hockey Winnipeg By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, Hockey Manitoba and Hockey Canada Regulations.
21. The Discipline Chairperson shall handle suspensions and disciplinary matters. Any action taken by the Discipline Committee shall be properly recorded on the “Hockey Winnipeg Official Game Report” and on the “Tournament Suspension Form.”
22. Prior to the start of the Tournament, the Discipline Chairperson shall acquire all participating teams’ suspension status. She or he shall contact the appropriate Hockey Winnipeg Division Director/Suspension Director to inform them of suspendable penalties that occur and obtain suspension rulings during the tournament.
23. The Discipline Chairperson shall immediately inform the appropriate Division Director/Suspension Director of any suspensions that occur during the Tournament.
TOURNAMENT GAME SHEET PROCEDURE
1. Once a tournament application has been approved, game sheets will be issued to the hosting organization.
2. Hockey Winnipeg game sheets will be used for all Tournament games.
3. Upon completion of a tournament game, the game officials shall sign the game sheet and indicate, if required, that a report is to be submitted.
4. The report should be completed immediately following the game. (Follow the established Hockey Winnipeg reporting procedure.)
5. The Tournament Organizer or his/her representative will meet with the officials immediately following the game and pick up the game sheet after the official has called the Hockey Winnipeg Division Director/Suspension Director to report any incident that may require suspensions. Discussion will then take place between the Tournament Organizer or his/her representative and the Division Director/ Suspension Director regarding any incidents from penalties that may result in suspensions.
6. The game official will call the Hockey Winnipeg Division Director/ Suspension Director and report any incident that may require suspensions.
7. The Tournament Organizer will then discuss the matter with the Division Director/Suspension Director for the suspension as required.